Sunday, September 09, 2007


So, we've been working with Emi for a while now on not bragging. As I've probably blogged in the past, she has a tendency to say things like, "I'm better at building with Legos than my brother" or "I'm the best one in this house at reading letters." We've emphasized that it's more polite to say, "I really enjoy building with Legos / reading / etc."

The other night I was making a strawberry-neufchatel pie for a pie contest at the hospital where I'm working this summer. When I told the kids what I was doing, they asked what a contest was.

Me: A bunch of people all do the same thing, then the judges decide which one was the best.
Emi: Oh, no, Mama! That's not right. You should say instead, 'The judges decide which person is enjoying what they do the most.'
Me: !

As it turned out, I enjoyed what I did the most in the category of Best Cream Pie. Not to, um, brag or anything.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie -- I saw your blog address in the Grotonian. I read some of them (I didn't have that much time) and enjoyed them immensely. How are you and would love to hear from you. I'll tell Rissa how you can be reached. Your children are so beautiful! Your birthday mate, Rissa's mom

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home