Thursday, March 31, 2005

Tuck and Emi understand so much all of a sudden. We are organizing a house betting pool on when Emi starts speaking as her main mode of communication. It may already be too late, though, because Chrissy swears that yesterday Emi looked at a photo of me and said clearly, "That my mamama." After that she wouldn't say it again, but she did say the names of all the other people in the photo album.

They are full of surprises. Yesterday, playing with Play-Doh in the kitchen, I was showing them how to press a letter (refrigerator magnet) into the Play-Doh to make a design. But they both kept pressing the flat side into the Play-Doh and then getting frustrated that nothing appeared. So I said, "Turn it upside down, Emi." She immediately tossed aside the magnet, placing her head on the floor and her rear end up into the air (downward-facing baby pose). Ready for a somersault, but definitely upside down!


Does this mean I need to stop using spur-of-the-moment nicknames for them like Mister Pootie Butt or Miss Cookie Face? Hmm ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home